Dr. Md. Mizanur Rahman, CEng
Phd in Mechanical Engineering
M.Sc in Environmental Manegment
B.Sc in Mechanical Engineering
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=S_qEOb4AAAAJ&hl=en
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Md_Rahman189
I am a chartered Energy Engineer who is now working as a Associate Professor under World University of Bangladesh. I was also appointed as Research Assistant, Research Engineer, and consultant under Renewable Energy Technology in Asia (RETs in Asia) project in Bangladesh and Thailand from January 1999 to December 2004. After successfully completed the project I was appointed as Program Support Specialist in a NGO named BRAC Bangladesh and continue the job before I joined as Assistant Manager in the Rural Power Company Ltd (RPCL) in February 2006. In July 2007, I started PhD on "Natural Draft Chimney" at Universiti Malaysia Sabah. I was also appointed as lecturer in the TAS institute of Oil and Gas from July 2009 to August 2012 then moved Universiti Malaysia Sabah as Senior Lecturer and continue until I started my present position.
- CEng Member, Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) (80317898)
- Chattered Energy Engineer & CEng Member Energy Institute (MEI) Institute of Energy (EI) (68879)
- Professional Member, Society of Industrial Engineering and Operational Management (IEOM) (PR-142-9445)
- Fellow, The Institution of Engineers, Bangladesh (IEB) (F11518)
- Member, American Society of Mechanical Engineering (ASME) (100733199)
- Professional Member, Institute of Materials, Malaysia (IMM) (M6275)
Research and Awards
- Seoul International Invention Fair 2010, Gold Medal for “Thermal comfort house by solar powered ventilation”, from Korea Invention Promotion Association (KIPA).
- ITEX 2010, Silver Medal for “Thermal comfort house by solar powered ventilation”, from Malaysia Invention And Design Society (MINDS)
- PEREKA 2009, Gold Medal for “Stable and Efficient Natural Draft Dry Cooling Towers and Broad Chimneys”, from University Malaysia Sabah.
- PEREKA 2010, Silver Medal for “Thermal comfort house by solar powered ventilation”, from University Malaysia Sabah.
- PEREKA 2011, Silver Medals for
- Green Technology for Home Ventilation and Cooling
- Low Cost Raw Fruits Dehydrator for Rural People in Sabah
- PEREKA 2012, Silver Medal for “Novel
Lower Power High Efficiency Food Dehydrator”, from University Malaysia Sabah.
- ITEX 2013, Silver Medal for “Novel
Lower Power High Efficiency Food Dehydrator”, from 24th
International Invention Innovation & Technology Exhibition.
- PEREKA 2013, Silver Medal for
power high throughput dehydrator.
weather Natural Draft Laundry Dryer
- PEREKA 2013, Silver Medal for
Change Materials as thermal energy storage system for seaweed solar dryer
Greenhouse dryer for seaweed drying
- PEREKA 2014, Gold Medal for “Pressure
Drop Measurement Across wire mesh in circular base cylindrical model chimney”,
from University Malaysia Sabah.
- PEREKA 2014, Silver Medal for
Development and Modelling of Water Piping System
of Power System from Sea Wave
- PEREKA 2014, Bronze Medal for
“Naturally Ventilated Green House Dryer for Seaweed Drying”, from University
- PEREKA 2015, Silver Medal for, “ Mixed
Vertical Axis Wind Turbine with Novel Coupling Mechanism for Arbitrary wind
- PEREKA 2015, Bronze Medal for “Vortex
Turbine different Water Head”
- ITEX 2016, Silver Medal for “ Mixed
- PEREKA 2016 Bronze Medal for “Electromagnagnetic
Wave Absorbing Properties of Single and Double Layer Barium Titanate / Carbon
- PEREKA 2017 Silver Medal for “Smart
Ventilation for Better Indoor Environment”
- PEREKA 2017 Silver Medal for “Electricity
Generation from Low Water Pressure”
- Received Scholarship form University of
San Francisco USA to continue Masters
- Received Financial support from Mahidol
University to attain Regional Conference on Energy Technology Towards a Clean
Environment, 12-14th February 2003, Phuket Thailand
time received financial support from SIDA to complete special program in AIT,
- Meritorious Service Award from the Universiti
Malaysia Sabah. Date: 2015-04-16
- Service Award from the Universiti
Malaysia Sabah Date: